tėvas, pradininkas, seniausias narys, dvasios tėvasbūti tėvu, pagimdyti, prisipažinti tėvu, būti autoriumi, priskirti autorystę, primesti
Noun(1) a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father(2) the founder of a family(3) `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church(4) (Christianity(5) a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization(6) God when considered as the first person in the Trinity(7) a person who founds or establishes some institution(8) the head of an organized crime family
Verb(1) make (offspring
(1) Filing past the body of the spiritual father of modern day Vietnam was a surprisingly moving experience.(2) This transfer would be valid under the articles of the Company because of your family relationship with your father .(3) It prescribed a lofty ideal for the state: the ruler was to be a father to his people and look after their basic needs.(4) he's held to be the father of abstract art(5) pray for me, father(6) John Locke, liberalism's father , held that ├ö├ç├┐the right improvement and exercise of our reason is the highest perfection that a man can attain to in this life.├ö├ç├û(7) a singular letter from a lady, requesting I would father a novel of hers(8) how like your father you are(9) my father was a fisherman(10) Teller was known as the father of the H-bomb for his work on developing hydrogen bombs.(11) There are several candidates for a designation of the father of the space age.(12) More important, he was a famous educator and the father of modern sports in Japan.(13) It's the females who raise the cubs, but the cubs' future depends on the protection provided by their father .(14) Ranke is frequently presented as the father of modern historiography.(15) the prince is widely regarded as the father of the nation(16) adoptive father
(1) my father :: Mano tėvas
(2) father-in-law :: uošvis
(3) your father :: tavo tėvas
(4) mother and father :: motina ir tėvas
(5) our father :: mūsų tėvas
(6) father and son :: tėvas ir sūnus
(7) father and mother :: tėvas ir motina
(8) father figure :: tėvo figura
(9) father and daughter :: tėvas ir dukra
1. dad ::
2. ancestor ::
4. leader ::
6. priest ::
7. don ::
9. church father ::
10. founding father ::
11. padre ::
12. sire ::
14. parent ::
15. generate ::
father, fathered, fatherhood, fathering, fatherless, fatherly, fathers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So was I, Father.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
Father disowned me today.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
I admired her FATHER.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
If you want to have intercourse with that
girl, find out what cologne her FATHER wore.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
My FATHER was a traitor.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: father
Meaning and definitions of father, translation in Lithuanian
language for father with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of father in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'father'
What father means in Lithuanian, father meaning
in Lithuanian, father
definition, examples and pronunciation
of father in Lithuanian language.