kalba, liežuvis, įlaidas, liežuvėlis, žodis, kalbėsena, žadas, nerija, rodiklis, smailė
Noun(1) a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity(2) a human written or spoken language used by a community; opposed to e.g. a computer language(3) any long thin projection that is transient(4) a manner of speaking(5) a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea(6) the tongue of certain animals used as meat(7) the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot(8) metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side
Verb(1) articulate by tonguing, as when playing wind instruments(2) lick or explore with the tongue
(1) The digestive system includes the mouth, teeth, tongue , esophagus, stomach, and intestines.(2) Look out for vomit blocking the airway and check that the patient has not swallowed their tongue .(3) In a Pentecost scene an apostle at the rear of the group was raising his arm to fend off the tongue of flame, like a man attacked by a bee.(4) a galantine of tongue(5) It is placed between the tongue and grooves of every plank.(6) The most serious symptom is the swelling of the lips, mouth, tongue , face and throat.(7) In severe cases, oral herpes causes sores that spread from the lips to the inside of the mouth, along the tongue and cheeks to the back of the throat.(8) When you put a laminate floor in the bathroom, use a little bit of glue on the tongue and on the groove just to make sure we have a really tight, moisture-proof seal.(9) A caustic wit, a penetrating eye, a stiletto tongue that enjoyed drawing blood, she wasn't everyone's cup of tea.(10) We were served salad, tongue , filled peppers and that's where I stopped.(11) At 2.39 leva the Stara Planina salad is a slightly less ostentatious plate of tongue , sausage, tomato, cheese and olives.(12) Common sites for barbell-style jewelry are the ear, eyebrow, tongue , and navel.(13) From time to time, the wind changed direction so that you had to leap back to avoid a sudden tongue of flame curling back towards you.(14) a tongue of flame flashes four feet from the gun(15) Swallowing, which is accomplished by muscle movements in the tongue and mouth, moves the food into the throat, or pharynx.(16) It actually functions as a tongue and sends food down the fish's throat.
(1) mother tongue :: Gimtoji kalba
(2) tongue-tied :: šveplas
(3) native tongue :: gimtoji kalba
(4) slip of the tongue :: apsirikimas kalbant
(5) sharp tongue :: aštrus liežuvis
(6) long tongue :: ilgas liežuvis
(7) tongue-in-cheek :: liežuvio-in-skruosto
(8) tongue-twister :: sunkiai ištariamas žodis
(9) tongue depressor :: liežuvis depressor
1. language ::
3. clapper ::
4. spit ::
5. natural language ::
6. knife ::
tongue, tongued, tongueless, tongues, tonguing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My Queen, shall I slice out
his TONGUE for you?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
It's better than biting your own TONGUE,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Fingers or your TONGUE?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Interesting. Her jaws are clenched.
No TONGUE access.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
- Really? (CLICKS TONGUE)
- Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, open it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: tongue
Meaning and definitions of tongue, translation in Lithuanian
language for tongue with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tongue in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tongue'
What tongue means in Lithuanian, tongue meaning
in Lithuanian, tongue
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tongue in Lithuanian language.