kempinė, pintis, biskvitas, imlus žinioms žmogus, veltėdis, parazitas, tamponas, kempė, tai, kas panašu į kempinętrinti kempine, šluostyti kempine, plauti kempine, valyti kempine, rinkti pintis, veltėdžiauti, būti išlaikytiniu
Noun(1) a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used(2) someone able to acquire new knowledge and skills rapidly and easily(3) a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host(4) primitive multicellular marine animal whose porous body is supported by a fibrous skeletal framework; usually occurs in sessile colonies
Verb(1) wipe with a sponge, so as to clean or moisten(2) ask for and get free; be a parasite(3) erase with a sponge; as of words on a blackboard(4) soak up with a sponge(5) gather sponges, in the ocean
(1) When it is done as well as this, it leaves one feeling like a well wrung sponge .(2) This increases insulation and avoids the need for surface treatment, while the vegetation absorbs rain like a sponge , reducing or at least delaying run-off.(3) he edged closer, clearly intending to sponge money from her(4) Maggie is quite horrifyingly selfish and happy to sponge off Ella while she susses out the situation.(5) a chocolate sponge(6) Worryingly, more than one in ten only rinse the cloth or sponge , which doesn't kill any harboured bacteria and could in fact spread the invisible germs around kitchen surfaces.(7) In the most recent sculptures, Starr has worked with thinner slices of sponge , laid on the floor like mats or stacked like towels, all oozing floods of paint.(8) I'll go and sponge this orange juice off my dress(9) They fetch a sponge and smelling salts, and go upstairs to the room where Grace Poole usually stays.(10) they gave him a quick sponge down(11) the gateau is made with moist sponge(12) However, Dubuffet soon extended the meaning of the word ├ö├ç├┐assemblage├ö├ç├û to cover small sculptures he made from such materials as sponge and scraps of wood.(13) However, passive organic matter acts much like a sponge , holding a lot of water.(14) Be a sponge - absorb as much inspiration as you can from watching other artists perform.(15) platinum sponge(16) Once worms are added to the bedding, the moisture level should remain approximately that of a wrung-out sponge .
(1) sponge bath :: Sponge vonia
(2) sea sponge :: jūros kempinė
(3) sponge bag :: Sponge krepšys
(4) bath sponge :: vonios kempinė
(5) pass the sponge over :: perduoti kempinę per
(6) sponge cloth :: Sponge audinys
1. quick study ::
2. parazoan ::
4. wash ::
6. bum ::
sponge, sponged, sponges, sponging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Just lying in a hospital bed
getting SPONGE baths from nurses.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
you've earned yourself
a bonus lecture on Sponge Hulk.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
Well, my mom used to give me
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
of a SPONGE
and wash those beakers.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
So the SPONGE is the electrolyte?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: sponge
Meaning and definitions of sponge, translation in Lithuanian
language for sponge with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sponge in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'sponge'
What sponge means in Lithuanian, sponge meaning
in Lithuanian, sponge
definition, examples and pronunciation
of sponge in Lithuanian language.