Noun(1) a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear
(1) The artistic director of a truly great company needs courage , intelligence and drive.(2) That gives him the strength and courage to confront whatever evil may be awaiting him.(3) To seek safety and protection in our country has taken courage and persistence.(4) she called on all her courage to face the ordeal(5) What he was, was real and ordinary, but with extraordinary courage in the face of his fear and his pain.(6) After all it takes a lot of courage and imagination to stand up to corporate bullies.(7) Then, drawing on every reserve of strength and courage , she drew the stinger forth.(8) Earl was such a shining example of courage and strength as he relied on his faith in the Lord.(9) You're a man of true independent mind and spirit, a man of rare courage and honesty.(10) he fought his illness with great courage(11) Your courage and determination in this time of turmoil gives us all strength!(12) The courage she has shown in the face of adversity has been just incredible.(13) He was adored by his men, not least for his courage , chivalry and handsome appearance.(14) The parents of a teenage girl who died after battling a brain tumour for seven years have spoken of her courage .(15) Her courage has won her the hospital's bravery award and a special place in the hearts of the nurses.(16) Great acts of courage happen every day, but heroes and heroines often go unrecognised.
(1) take courage :: reikėti drąsos
(2) have courage :: turi drąsos
(3) moral courage :: moralinė drąsa
(4) pluck up courage :: rauti drąsos
(5) great courage :: drąsa
(6) lose courage :: išsigąsti
1. bravery ::
3. pluck ::
5. valor ::
8. nerve ::
9. daring ::
10. audacity ::
12. grit ::
13. true grit ::
14. hardihood ::
15. heroism ::
16. gallantry ::
18. spunk ::
19. moxie ::
20. cojones ::
1. cowardice ::
2. poltroonery ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I didn't have the COURAGE
to ask her out...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
It takes COURAGE to admit fear.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Does it give you COURAGE?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
My Uncle Kevan has all the COURAGE
of a kitchen mouse.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
and crow of how my COURAGE inspired them,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: courage
Meaning and definitions of courage, translation in Lithuanian
language for courage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of courage in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'courage'
What courage means in Lithuanian, courage meaning
in Lithuanian, courage
definition, examples and pronunciation
of courage in Lithuanian language.