Noun(1) (United Kingdom(2) (United States
(1) England is also a culture of many smaller regionalisms, still centered on the old governmental unit of the county and the local villages and towns.(2) The sites can be used to highlight important issues being tackled in the community as well as basic information such as county division and political party.(3) But he claimed highways chiefs from the county 's local councils had been insistent that the 11 additional sites were needed now.(4) He said a state law required the county to give the major political parties their copies for free.(5) On the basis of his study of the political conflict in that county , the author argues that the civil war was in its beginning a revolt against high taxes.(6) a county grande dame(7) The supervisors may be able to exert political pressure, but have little other power over the county 's transportation plans.(8) But the county 's fire chief said he thought the dispute was damaging and could be protracted.(9) The political absorption of the county by London gathered pace in the 19th cent.(10) The county has a political structure that has pushed for integrated housing and public facilities.(11) That means in areas which still have county councils, either the county or the local district would have to go.(12) The results in the local county assembly election district were more mixed.(13) The majority live and work in every corner of the county - delivering local, not remote services.(14) Most of the close contacts and people under observation were locals from the county .(15) His spending blazed a new path through the county 's usual political circuit.(16) When he asked the county administration for a copy, he was told the permit couldn't be found.
(1) the county :: apskrities
(2) county council :: apskrities taryba
(3) county seat :: apskrities sėdynės
(4) county town :: apskritis miestas
(5) county court :: apygardos teismas
(6) county head :: apskrities viršininko
1. region ::
2. province ::
3. administrative unit ::
4. territory ::
5. district ::
6. area ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we cross the COUNTY line,
it's technically kidnapping.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
...in the heart
of northern Bernalillo County.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
what shots they recommend
for travel to Orange County.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
...in Orange County to pick up her TV?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
handed me the mic
at the Orange County Fair?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: county
Meaning and definitions of county, translation in Lithuanian
language for county with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of county in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'county'
What county means in Lithuanian, county meaning
in Lithuanian, county
definition, examples and pronunciation
of county in Lithuanian language.