suma, kiekis, mastas, kiekybė, sumelė, reikšmingumas, svarbaprilygti, sudaryti, siekti, būti lygiam
Noun(1) a quantity of money(2) the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion(3) how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify(4) a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
Verb(1) be tantamount or equivalent to(2) add up in number or quantity(3) develop into
(1) add a small amount of water(2) net amount(3) they paid the full amount(4) he owns any amount of houses(5) There is no denying that one of the major causes of obesity is the amount of food that we eat and the portion sizes.(6) the amount payable is more than ├ö├®┬╝10,000(7) they have spent a colossal amount rebuilding the stadium(8) what this guy was doing clearly did amount to persecution(9) One of the joys of working in Manchester is that you can walk from one end to the other in a reasonable amount of time.(10) he didn't mention the loan amount(11) This is in total contrast to the amount of walking or exercise involving the use of the legs.(12) Will computers make trains so massively more controllable as to amount almost to a new form of transport?(13) you'll never amount to anything(14) If you live in a built-up area, you have to expect a certain amount of noise.(15) Lorries were seen as a particular risk due to their size and the amount of chemicals they could be carrying.(16) Purchases must be fit for their purpose - they should work for a reasonable amount of time.
(1) total amount :: visas kiekis
(2) small amount :: mažas kiekis
(3) amount to :: suma
(4) large amount :: didelis kiekis
(5) amount due :: mokėtina suma
(6) amount paid :: sumokėta suma
(7) net amount :: grynoji suma
(8) amount of money :: pinigų suma
(9) certain amount :: tam tikrą sumą
(10) same amount :: pati suma
1. quantity ::
2. sum of money ::
3. sum ::
4. come ::
amount, amounted, amounting, amounts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There's a limited AMOUNT,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
A good AMOUNT.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
Didn't AMOUNT to much, did it?
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
The crown owes the Iron Bank of Braavos
a tremendous AMOUNT of money.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
A non-creepy AMOUNT of time
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
English to Lithuanian Dictionary: amount
Meaning and definitions of amount, translation in Lithuanian
language for amount with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of amount in Lithuanian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'amount'
What amount means in Lithuanian, amount meaning
in Lithuanian, amount
definition, examples and pronunciation
of amount in Lithuanian language.